BLOG
LINKS
PLANES
AMBIGRAMS
PROFILE
CAMERA KID
Sunday, April 05, 2009

i love rachmaninoff

I love classical music. but not from the classical period. not mozart, not beethoven, not haydn, not handel, not vivaldi, not pachelbel (NEVER!!).

I LOVE RACHMANINOFF.

I can't get enough of his music! They are just so beautiful. Just now I was listening to 92.4 and they were playing his Isle of the Dead. Although I hadn't heard it before, I had a suspicion it was his song. Because his music is just so... Rachmaninoff. 

To fully understand what I'm saying, I suggest you go listen to his songs.
Piano Concerto No 2 & 3
Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini
Cello Sonata
Vocalise
all his preludes and etudes
all his symphonies
etc

I also like George Gershwin, especially his Rhapsody in Blue and An American in Paris. Just now I heard Piano Concerto in F Major and I have fallen in love with that too. His preludes are very nice. I have yet to hear his musicals though, but I'm sure they're good.

posted at: 15:02  |  0 Comment(s) |  Post a Comment