Sunday, September 06, 2009
12 pages left!
I sort of got past page 65, one of the most scary pages I've ever seen. And I didn't escape unhurt though. I swear the skin of my fingertips have become thinner. I am talking, of course, about Rach 3. The more I play it, the more I'm convinced that I suck. And the more I'm convinced that people who can play it are freaks (this includes Ash, Lubey, Horowitz, Rach himself and a whole lot of other pianists. Freaks.)
But page 65 is hardly the most difficult page ever though. For those who don't know, on page 65 there is such a huge mass of demisemiquavers that they seem to be printed on black paper. Just for fun I tried playing the last few bars of part 3 and I almost died. It may look innocent - some crotchets and quavers here and there but I'd rather take page 65 anyday.
Here's why: it involves both hands playing chromatic scales - in octaves - and at a speed of 6 beats per second. It is like having a seizure. And just when you think the worst is over after hitting the last note of the scale, you realise that you have to play D major chords, alternating between both hands, at a speed of 8 beats per second. I lost as much sweat playing the last 16 bars as playing the whole of part 1.
Sigh. I don't know if I can finish the whole thing by the end of O Levels! It's only 67 days away. 12 pages may not seem like much but this is Rachmaninoff we're talking about! Not some crap Canon in D which everyone can sightread.
posted at:
13:54
|
0 Comment(s) |
Post a Comment
welcome to my ambigram gallery!
newest ambigrams are added on top.

CELEBRATING THE WORLD CUP 2010 in SOUTH AFRICA!!! :D

Andrei Arshavin! ♥♥♥

Brwen Stxizel. My footy team!

Vladimir Ashkenazy.

I completed Rach Three. Ambigram celebrating the day I finally finished learning the piano concerto on 18 September 2009.

Rachy chain ambigram.

Arsenal chain ambigram.

Boeing. My first chain ambigram.

another take on fourdiligence. this will be on the first page of our yearbook. the old one will dominate the second and third
pages, oh yeah!!!

alexander lubiantsev! a very very cute russian pianist :D

socialstudies / propaganda. my first mirror image ambigram! more can be done about the middle S, though.

socialstudies / propaganda.

third attempt at rachmaninoff. my second is too ugly to be shown.

zinedine zidane. my favourite footy player. ever.

st nicks, my secondary school.

one of my more ambitious ambigrams. i hate biology / with a passion

second attempt at gershwin. this is his full name, george gershwin

four diligence. i'm very proud of this one.

airbus/boeing

rachmaninoff. my first ambigram.
Sunday, September 06, 2009
12 pages left!
I sort of got past page 65, one of the most scary pages I've ever seen. And I didn't escape unhurt though. I swear the skin of my fingertips have become thinner. I am talking, of course, about Rach 3. The more I play it, the more I'm convinced that I suck. And the more I'm convinced that people who can play it are freaks (this includes Ash, Lubey, Horowitz, Rach himself and a whole lot of other pianists. Freaks.)
But page 65 is hardly the most difficult page ever though. For those who don't know, on page 65 there is such a huge mass of demisemiquavers that they seem to be printed on black paper. Just for fun I tried playing the last few bars of part 3 and I almost died. It may look innocent - some crotchets and quavers here and there but I'd rather take page 65 anyday.
Here's why: it involves both hands playing chromatic scales - in octaves - and at a speed of 6 beats per second. It is like having a seizure. And just when you think the worst is over after hitting the last note of the scale, you realise that you have to play D major chords, alternating between both hands, at a speed of 8 beats per second. I lost as much sweat playing the last 16 bars as playing the whole of part 1.
Sigh. I don't know if I can finish the whole thing by the end of O Levels! It's only 67 days away. 12 pages may not seem like much but this is Rachmaninoff we're talking about! Not some crap Canon in D which everyone can sightread.
0 Comment(s) |
Post a Comment
about me

Just a nobody who likes planes, football and classical music. A weird combination.
Has a strange liking for old/dead Russian composers and pianists, with the notable exception of A.Lubiantsev.
Supports Arsenal FC. Thinks A330s are hot.
My photos on A.net