BLOG
LINKS
PLANES
AMBIGRAMS
PROFILE
CAMERA KID
Friday, September 11, 2009

The Spirit of America!

For the past few days I've been reduced to a zombie-like state. I woke up at 0800 and slept at 0000, and studied for half the time I was awake. So it was only reasonable, even humane, that I got a day off today. By attending The Spirit of America!

It felt great, back at my old seat! This time I could see Pascal Roge's fingers more clearly because, well, his shoulders aren't as broad as Boris's. I noticed some differences from the recording I had (no idea who was the pianist though), but I loved the performance all the same! But it was kind of irritating when people clapped in between movements.

I tried to get Pascal's signature. But I had to buy his CD first! So I wouldn't have gotten Boris's autograph even if I tried. If Ashkenazy comes, I'll make sure I bring extra money because I don't mind paying for his autograph!

I thoroughly enjoyed Bernstein's West Side Story. I loved the drums! The principal percussionist had given us a pre-concert talk and it was very interesting. Too bad there won't be any more pre-concert talks for the concerts that I'm going to attend!

Next concert: Gil Shaham! I can't wait!

posted at: 23:02  |  0 Comment(s) |  Post a Comment