Monday, January 11, 2010
i guess i did something right
So, today was D-Day. The day where I would know whether learning Rach 3 while preparing for the O Levels was a stupid thing or not.
This year's top scorer is Kai Rou, my classmate and friend! And that means my school, St Nick's, has churned out 2 top scorers in a row! So the media were here and they kept interviewing her and all that. And people who got 10 A1s, among which was Yee Ching, had their pictures taken! Because St Nick's also has the most people with 10 A1s!
Since the top scorers had already gotten their results and I hadn't, I began to fear the worst. Like getting A2 for Physics or something. So when they showed the list of people who got 7A1s, my heart sank to my boots when I didn't see my name. My goal was 7A1s and I thought it was all over when I wasn't called.
Then they showed the list of people who got 8 A1s. And that was when I started shouting. Because right at the top of the list was my name! I was shaking all over when I went up the stage. And my hand was shaking so hard I couldn't hold the phone properly to sms my parents and aunt and cousin. Then when my cousin called, I kept swearing into the phone because I really was too excited!!
Here's what I got (if you're really interested):
English - A1
Comb Humanities - A2
A Maths - A1
E Maths - A1
Physics - A1
Bio - A1
Chem - A1
French - A1
HCL - A2
Chinese - A1
L1R5: 7-4
ELR2B2: 5
In theory, I can apply for RJ and VJ and whatever. But I've already set my sights on... Ngee Ann Poly's Aerospace Technology! I'm going to put RJ as one of my choices though. The 12th choice, just to spite them.
Never in my dreams did I expect to get 8 A1s... I thought I was a goner when I found out that I had misread the English composition question. And a few days ago I had a nightmare where I got over 20 for L1R5 and a C5 for French. As a reward, I'm going to ask for a Russian guidebook from my parents and I'm going to buy another Adidas shirt for myself tomorrow!
Yee Ching and Xue Kun got very good results too! So we'll be watching Avatar and going shopping tomorrow! Then it's off to XXK's house to play Rach 3 and Toccata! Haha!
posted at:
17:00
|
5 Comment(s) |
Post a Comment