So... the new year was the most anti-climatic ever. Spent most of it feeling tired. I had wanted to go take photos at Marina, but I broke my dad's tripod. But despite getting another one (with my own money by the way), I still didn't feel like going.
Okay, since this post is going to be boring, I'm going to bore you with what I'm going to do for the rest of the holidays (I have 3 1/2 more months to go... wtf) Maybe I'll throw in some boring New Year Resolutions so you'll be running away in no time.
Right... The first thing is, I still have to tutor my cousin. D: I think it's for a day a week, but still... D: Yes... I had agreed to this, but it was out of politeness, not willingness. BECAUSE I'M NOT WILLING TO TUTOR ANYBODY ANYMORE!!! -cries-
The next thing is to go photograph planes and get more pictures accepted on A.net! But I cannot keep uploading boring side-ons! So I'm going to photograph head-ons! And maybe underbellies.
Then I have to brush up on my cello because I'll never be able to compose cello sonatas at the rate I'm going... And I have to learn all the songs I had listed below. Not easy. In fact, if Wikipedia is right, Toccata is so difficult that Prokofiev (its composer) couldn't master it. --" I'm halfway through it and I think that I've busted a nerve on my little finger because it hurts just stroking it.
More boringness coming up! Let me tell you what I'm going to do later! I saw an ad in the papers about the Page One sale that I had gone last - er, the year before last! And I'm going there today! Hopefully I can get good photography books at - gasp - 5 dollars!
Actually I have a whole bunch of boring things to add to this post, but my mother is nagging at me for breakfast! And you know what... I have to run 2.4km later.
*EDIT*
Okay, I did not run 2.4km. I didn't even run! Haha. But I must start running soon or I'll become lazy.
I love warehouse sales!! I bought a thick Arsenal book for... 5 dollars! And an image editing guide for 5 dollars! And two Aircraft Illustrated magazines for... 1 dollar each! Okay, the Arsenal book was the 2007 version, the guide was printed in 2002, and the AI mags were a couple of months old, but their information is still relevant! So I'm very happy with them. I saw a couple more awesome photography books, but even after a 50% discount they were still very expensive, so I didn't get them.
Then I went to another books warehouse sale (you bored yet?) in Ang Mo Kio. The books are even cheaper. I saw a Teach Yourself language guide, with a CD, that cost $12!!! However, to my immense disappointment, there wasn't a Russian language guide D: Not even photography books. Spent more than an hour there and left empty handed. Sigh.
Oh and I just read my 2009 resolutions: (Note: things are going to get more boring so I'd advise you to leave my blog if you don't want to be subjected to my powers of boringness)
#1 use the computer only during the weekends
I succeeded in this! But only before the O's and partly because I told my parents to lock the computer.
#2 do maths homework
This too!
#3 get A1 for maths and science
This too!
#4 get a photo accepted on a.net
#5 not watch football matches that end later than 12, not even against manure or chelshit or poo or totnumb, because i need to catch up on a lot of sleep.
This too! But only before the O's.
#6 jump everyday because SYFC >>> o levels.
Sadly, no. But I have other goals now! Being a pilot is still at the top though!
#7 get into SYFC no matter what.
See above!
The most boring part ever...
Don't you just hate it when you read about people talking about themselves? That's why this post is so boring!
My 2010 Resolutions
- Compose a cello sonata (the first one I can think of)
- Finish Toccata
- Finish Prokofiev's Piano Sonata No. 3 Part 1
- Get at least 3.8 GPA for every semester (if I get into poly)
- Get more pictures accepted to A.net!!
- Get into NP's String Orchestra!
- Get along better with other people
- Improve my non-existent Russian!
Okay that's all I have for now. And now, things to look forward to in 2010!
- Gil Shaham - Ecstasy of Inspiration! 9 Jan
- O Level Results! Sometime between 11 and 13 Jan
- Singapore Airshow! 7 Feb
- Poly!!! 19 Apr
- Russian Rhapsody with Yee Ching!!! 8 May
- World Cup! 11 Jun - 11 Jul
Okay, I think that's the major confirmed events for 2010!
I hope you weren't too bored! But it's your fault for not heeding my warning! I'm going to end here! Bye!