BLOG
LINKS
PLANES
AMBIGRAMS
PROFILE
CAMERA KID
Wednesday, March 31, 2010

happy (early) birthday, rachy!!

It's Rachmaninoff's 137th birthday in 3 hours' time~!!!!!! :D

Having missed out on his birthday celebrations last year (I found out about his birthday one day after it had ended, wtf!), I was determined to remember it this year. So, I planned to play all his songs of which I have the score. The problem is, my parents want to drag me to Malaysia with them tomorrow! This means I can't play the piano at all tomorrow! No choice lor, I had to do it today. I dug up all my piano scores and played them one by one. Some of them I hadn't played for almost a year, some I had never even played before, so I had to sight-read. The songs included preludes, etudes tableaux, piano concerto #2 which I transcribed for piano solo,Vocalise (transcribed for piano solo too), Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, miscellaneous songs, variations, and of course Rach 3 (I saved it for last). Although I didn't play very well, I still hope that he'll appreciate it. He'd better! It took me 6 hours to finish playing everything!

I'm still going to celebrate his birthday tomorrow anyway! I'm going to listen only to his songs the whole day! All 164 of them!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR RACHY!!!!!! Wherever you are, Rachy, I hope that there are loads of Steinway D-274s and concert halls and cars and everything you love! Oh and did I tell you that I dreamt of you last night?! I dreamt that I was attending your concert and that I wanted you to sign on my Rach 3 score! You rock!!! ♥

posted at: 21:10  |  0 Comment(s) |  Post a Comment