BLOG
LINKS
PLANES
AMBIGRAMS
PROFILE
CAMERA KID
Friday, March 26, 2010

the lousiest prok 2 cadenza recording ever!!!

Remember what I said in the last post about me failing to record Prokofiev's Piano Concerto No.2's cadenza? Well, after dinner I thought I'd have another go and I managed to record a half-decent one! Of course, it is mistakes galore, especially the notorious colossale part, but what the heck! Also there's a part, I don't know how to call it, where I do 'glissando-like' scales and hit wrong notes along the way, that part is where I mess things up big time. Haha. But things get better towards the end, but the last few bars are also where I screwed up when I wasn't supposed to. Sigh. The score said 'pp' (very soft), and yet I somehow added an accent on the note. It must be that adrenaline still running through my veins! It's still inexcusable though... Despite that... you still want to listen to it?? Very well...

Download 'The Lousiest Prok 2 Cadenza Recording Ever!!!'

I'm afraid just clicking on the link won't work... You'll have to save it! Never mind, I won't be angry if you delete it afterwards!!

Oh, and excuse the fart-like sound at the beginning... I seriously don't know how it got there! I swear it wasn't in the original!!!

... Done listening? Now to rid your ears of that terrible playing, here's a video of the pro, Li Yundi, in action...



And here's a complete version of the cadenza...


You'll notice that they still play with mistakes... Not Ash though! His recording is abso-fucking-lutely perfect!!!!!!!!!

Respect!!!!!!!!

Right, time to delete that file from your comp, I guess! :D

posted at: 22:52  |  0 Comment(s) |  Post a Comment