BLOG
LINKS
PLANES
AMBIGRAMS
PROFILE
CAMERA KID
Monday, August 23, 2010

remembering sasha

Today I met Andrey for the first time. The moment I played Rach 3 on him, I knew he was the one... Haha, Andrey is of course my so-called 'new' piano, but since he's 10 years old he can't be called new. But I have to, so to speak, find Sasha a new home first to make way for Andrey (who's no midget).

Ahhh... Letting go of Sasha is like losing a friend... He stuck with me from grade 2 (even earlier, methinks) to 8, and I learnt my first piano concerto (Grieg's) and Rach 3 with him, and even cried on him once. And he also put up with (a younger) me slamming the lid down in anger or hitting the keys in frustration when I could not perfect a piece. Oh yes, I also composed my song (which was later recorded into a CD and performed in a concert hall) on him, and you can say he was the first to hear it. In fact, I think that Sasha, of all the things that I own so far, contains the most memories, and is one of the very few things that still survives from my childhood. We have been through so much together.


posted at: 00:00  |  0 Comment(s) |  Post a Comment